Kehkashan’s presentation (notes from video)
- 3 different areas of interest; mosiac and studio / blogging about it on social media / organising humanitarian projects
- concerned before the research paper that it was very different but by completing the research paper realised there were patterns
- power of social media – it allows anybody to be an artist
- freedom of collaboration, instant audience
- research paper focussed on ‘Art in the post-truth era’
- public art can create thought
- mosiac of patterns in a painting, created the painting as an AR reality (viewed with mobile app artivive’
- 44 bloggers in Karachi document the city in different ways in one day
- in the research paper looked at Kusama – I was interested in the artwork shown
- Could public art cut through the noise and revitalise critical thinking?
- Do you guys believe we have entered a post truth era? Can the truth ever truly be eclipsed or irrelevant?
- Has digmodernism, the impact of technology on art, transformed artist practices? How?
- What is the essence of public art? Interaction, engagement, change or some other purpose entirely?
- Is social media detrimental to artistic processes or revolutionising them?
- What is the scope of community projects?